Mark your calendars for the MSET Annual Spring Conference to be held at the Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Grand Rapids on Saturday May 19, 2018. This conference is geared to all neurodiagnostic technologists including students, those preparing for board exams, and experienced professionals seeking credits for recertification. Join us for this unique opportunity to learn new techniques, skills, and network with others. A complimentary continental breakfast and lunch is provided to all attendees.
6 ACE credits have been approved for this program by ASET – The Neurodiagnostic Society
Click on the Registration, Program Agenda, Location, and Lodging tabs below for additional information.
- Online via PayPal: Choose option (member, student, non-member, etc), enter name & credentials, then Add to Cart.
- Select PayPal Checkout to login to your PayPal account.
- Select Checkout (Pay without a PayPal account) to submit payment via credit card without a PayPal account.
- Mail-In Registration – Mail to the address listed on form along with check/money order (registrations without payment not accepted)
- Registration deadline is May 15, 2018 ($10 late fee May 16-19, including pay-at-door).
- $65 – New/Renewing Member ($45 conference registration plus $20 annual membership)
- $45 – Current Year Member (membership fee paid earlier this year)
- $20 – Student Member (currently enrolled in allied health program)
- $60 – Non Member
The MSET annual membership (Jan-Dec) fee is just $20 and supports furthering our mission of providing affordable continuing education opportunities within the State of Michigan. Members receive discounted registration fee ($45 vs $60) to both spring and fall meetings and enjoy a unique opportunity to network with other neurodiagnostic specialists.
- Select New/Renewing ($65 = $20 annual fee + $45 registration) if you’ve either been a member in the past or joining for the first time.
- Select Current Member if you’ve already paid dues for current year.
- Select Nonmember ($60) to attend conference without membership benefits.
Cancellation requests submitted within three (3) days of conference date will be granted. Send request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration & Continental Breakfast
Drs. Ayman Haykal, MD (Director of Adult EMU, Spectrum Health) and Sanjay Patra, MD (Neurosurgeon, Spectrum Health)
Epilepsy Surgical Case Studies -journey into the whole patient experience from Phase I through ROSA-guided sEEG implantation to Neuromodulation treatment.
Epilepsy Surgical Case Studies continued
Break – Vendor Display
Dr. Angel Hernandez, MD (Division Chief of Pediatric Neurology, Spectrum Health)
Pediatric Electroclinical Syndromes (Epilepsy Syndromes)
Dr. David Burdette, MD (Section Chief of Adult Neurology, Spectrum Health)
Lunch & Annual MSET Business Meeting
Andrew Kopka, BS, CNIM (Technologist, Spectrum Health)
Interesting Case Studies in IONM
Dr. Evan Tank, DO (Epileptologist, Spectrum Health)
Current topics in long term ICU monitoring
Kent Rice, MS, REPT, CNIM, DABNM, FASNM (Sr Manager Education and Training, Nuvasive Clinical Services)
Spinal cord mapping techniques and monitoring for intramedullary spinal cord tumors
Technologist Panel Discussion (Supervisors, Technologist Leads, Directors, Technologists from health systems throughout Michigan)
Current topics in patient care – An interactive session with Q&A from MSET board members and attendees regarding process and procedures involving multiple modalities and issues facing technologists in Michigan and nationally
Program Agenda subject to change as speaker finalization are occurring.
11 Monroe Ave NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Located in the middle of the energetic Grand Rapids scene, the Downtown Courtyard by Marriott delivers choices and convenience for business and leisure travelers alike. From the welcoming lobby and the functional, relaxing rooms to the friendly service and city views, it’s a stay you’ll feel good about. This Downtown Grand Rapids Hotel features multiple spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to news, weather, maps, directions and city events via our 55 inch touch screen interactive GoBoard.The highlight of our lobby experience is The Bistro, which provides guests fresh food offerings, a large choice of Starbucks beverages and crafted cocktails. A skywalk offers convenient access to Devos Place Convention Center, Van Andel Arena and dozens of restaurants and night clubs. The Courtyard Downtown also offers easy access to Downtown businesses and the various medical buildings.Google Directions & Map
Courtyard by Marriott
11 Monroe Ave NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Book hotel room online at special MSET rate of $167.00
Reservations Phone Number: 1-877-901-6632 — Mention Spectrum Health/MSET when calling to receive discounted room rate of $167/night