Mark your calendars for the MSET Annual Fall Conference to be held at Henry Ford Hospital in West Bloomfield on Saturday October 21, 2017. This conference is geared to all neurodiagnostic technologists including students, those preparing for board exams, and experienced professionals seeking credits for recertification. Join us for this unique opportunity to learn new techniques, skills, and network with others. A complimentary continental breakfast and lunch is provided to all attendees.
6 ACE credits have been awarded for this program through ASET – The Neurodiagnostic Society
Click on the Registration, Program Agenda, Parking, and Lodging tabs below for additional information.
- Online via PayPal: Choose option (member, student, non-member, etc), enter name & credentials, then Add to Cart.
- Select PayPal Checkout to login to your PayPal account.
- Select Checkout (Pay without a PayPal account) to submit payment via credit card without a PayPal account.
- Mail-In Registration – Mail to the address listed on form along with check/money order (registrations without payment not accepted)
- Registration deadline is Oct 17, 2017 ($10 late fee Oct 18-Oct 21, including pay at door).
- $65 – New/Renewing Member ($45 conference registration plus $20 annual membership)
- $45 – Current Year Member (membership fee paid earlier this year)
- $20 – Student Member (currently enrolled in allied health program)
- $60 – Non Member
The MSET annual membership (Jan-Dec) fee is just $20 and supports furthering our mission of providing affordable continuing education opportunities within the State of Michigan. Members receive discounted registration fee ($45 vs $60) to both spring and fall meetings and enjoy a unique opportunity to network with other neurodiagnostic specialists.
- Select New/Renewing ($65 = $20 annual fee + $45 registration) if you’ve either been a member in the past or joining for the first time.
- Select Current Member if you’ve already paid dues for current year.
- Select Nonmember ($60) to attend conference without membership benefits.
Cancellation requests submitted within three (3) days of conference date will be granted. Send request to email@example.com.
Registration & Continental Breakfast
Case Presentation – Seizures
Andrew Zillgitt, DO – Medical Director Adult EMU Henry Ford Health System
Special Considerations for Women with Epilepsy
Marianna Spanaki-Varelas, MD, PhD, MS – Medical Director, Henry Ford Epilepsy Program
Break – Vendor Display
Epileptic Encephalopathies of Childhood
Jules Constantinou, MD – Medical Director Pediatric EMU Henry Ford Health System
Intraoperative Neuromonitoring in Neurosurgery Cases: Cortical Mapping During Craniotomy Surgery
Ryan Mandziara, MS, CNIM – Henry Ford Health System
Lunch & Annual MSET Business Meeting
Safety Assessment of Seizures: A Nurse’s Response
Pamela McKenney, RN, BSN – Henry Ford Health System
Q & A Session and Technical Tips with Expert Panel of EEG Technologists
Mandy LaForest, R. EEG T, Mott Children’s Hospital; Brandon Kilpela, R. EEG T, Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak; Karin Halsey, R. EEG T, DMC Children’s Hospital; Kim Schaefer, R. EEG T, St. John Providence Hospital; Tania Allen, R. EEG T, Henry Ford Health System; Kerri Wright, R. EEG T, Henry Ford Health System; Brian Galdis, R. EEG T, CLTM, Spectrum Health System
Cranial Nerve Neuromonitoring
James Watt, CNIM, BS, R. EP T. – Comprehensive Neuro Monitoring
Quality Assessment of EEG and Continuous EEG Monitoring (cEEG)
Brian Galdis, R. EEG T, CLTM – Spectrum Health
6 ASET-CEUs have been awarded for this program through ASET – The Neurodiagnostic Society.
Henry Ford Hospital
6777 W. Maple Rd
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
- From the North: Take I-75 South to I-696 West. Take I-696 West to the Orchard Lake Road exit, and turn right on Orchard Lake Road. Go north 3 miles to Maple Road and turn left. Pass through the roundabouts at Farmington and Drake Roads. After the Drake roundabout, the hospital will be on the left.
- From the South: Take M-10/Lodge North, to I-696 West, which exits to the left. Exit at Orchard Lake Road, and turn right. Go north 3 miles to Maple Road and turn left. Pass through the roundabouts at Farmington and Drake Roads. After the Drake roundabout, the hospital will be on the left.
- From the East: Take I-696 West to the Orchard Lake Road exit, and turn right on Orchard Lake Road. Go north 3 miles to Maple Road and turn left. Pass through the roundabouts at Farmington and Drake Roads. After the Drake roundabout, the hospital will be on the left.
- From the West: Take I-696 East to M-5 North (at the I-275 junction). Follow M-5 North 3 miles to Maple Road and turn right. Proceed on Maple 2 miles, the hospital will be on your right
Self-parking at Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital is free. Self parking areas are available near the Main entrance and at the Josephine Ford Cancer Institute entrance. Wheelchairs are available at all entrances. Handicapped-designated parking spaces are located in front of the Main entrance, the Josephine Ford Cancer Institute entrance and the Emergency entrance
Valet parking is available at both the Main and Emergency entrances. If you choose to use our Valet Services, located at the Main entrance, there is a $4.00 charge. There is no charge for Valet Services at the Emergency entrance for ER patients.
Main Entrance Valet Services*:
6:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. (M-F)
Emergency Entrance Valet Services:
7:00 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. (M-F)
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Sat/Sun)
*If you are picking up your vehicle from Valet Services at the Main entrance after 9:30 p.m., please see an officer at the Emergency entrance for assistance.
Hampton Inn Southfield/Bloomfield
33096 Northwestern Hwy
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
Phone: (248) 671-6500
Group Name: Michigan Society of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists (MSET)
Group Code: GROUP REGISTRATION (SET)
Check-In: Oct 20, 2017
Check-Out: Oct 21, 2017
Cost: $109/night (discount rate effective until Sep 27, 2017)